- Arakawa, A. and M.J. Suarez, 1983. Vertical differencing
of the primitive equations in sigma coordinates
Mon. Wea. Rev, 111, 34-45.
- Chen et. al, 1994. A hybrid vertical mixing scheme and its
application to tropical ocean models, Journal of
Physical Oceanography, 24, 2156-2179.
- Chen et. al, 1994. The roles of vertical mixing, solar radiation,
and wind stress in a model simulation of the sea surface
temperature seasonal cycle in the tropical Pacific ocean,
J. Geophys. Res., 99, 20345-20359.
- Israeli, M. and D. Gottlieb, 1974. On the stability of the N-cycle
scheme of Lorenz. Mon. Wea Rev., 102, 254-256.
- Lorenz, E.N., 1971. An N-cycle time differencing scheme
for stepwise numerical integration, Mon. Wea. Rev.,
- Naik, Cane, Basin, and Israeli, 1995. A solver for the
barotropic mode in the presence of variable topography
and islands, Mon. Wea. Rev., 123, 817-832.
- Pacanowski and Philander, 1981: Parameterization of vertical
mixing in numerical models of tropical oceans
Journal of Physical Oceanography, 11, 1443-1451.
- Seager, R., S.E. Zebiak, and M.A. Cane, 1988: A model of the
tropical Pacific sea surface temperature climatology
J. Geophys. Res., 93, 1265-1280.
- Seager and Blumenthal, 1994: Modeling tropical Pacific sea surface
temperature with satellite-derived solar radiative forcing
Journal of Climate, 7,12, p 1943-1957.
- Shapiro, R., 1970: Smoothing, filtering, and boundary
effects, Rev. Geophys. and Space Physics, 8, 359-387.